WEST LEBANON UNITED CHURCH OF CHRIST
CHURCH OFFICE – ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT
Position: Church Office Administrative Assistant
Classification: Part-time; 20 hours per week
Job Summary: The Administrative Assistant for West Lebanon Congregational Church is responsible for general office supervision, coordination and implementation of front office functions.
Works primarily under the direction of the seated Pastor and overseen by the Board of Trustees.
Typical Responsibilities and duties include:
Creation of publications and Church materials, to include weekly Sunday bulletins, monthly newsletters and annual reports for Annual Church meeting in January
General correspondence, including receipt and acknowledgement of memorial fund gifts
Assists with programming and updating of church records for baptisms, weddings, and funerals
Maintains Church Directory and keeps current Roladex in Church Office
Produces posters for distribution for monthly church suppers
Mailings of newsletters, reports, and provides assistance for Church committees as requested
Filing and maintenance of Church records
Inventory and ordering of office supplies and special bulletins, and scheduling maintenance of office equipment
Coordination of and communication with Board of Trustees for use of the Church by Church members, special groups and renters
Answering the telephone and receiving walk-in requests from members of the church and others
1. Good interpersonal skills, openness and flexibility in working with diverse groups and enthusiasm for working collaboratively with a team
2. Ability to work independently
3. Possessed of an understanding of confidentiality
4. Ability to focus on details and meet deadlines
5. Competency with MS Word, Excel, and Outlook required. Familiarity with MS Publisher, PowerPoint, and Access a plus.
1. Completion of a New Hampshire Department of Safety Criminal Record Check and acceptance by the Church
2. Maintain a valid driver’s license, good driving record, and reliable access for a fully insured car
3. Maintain appearance appropriate to assigned duties and responsibilities
Salary & Benefits:
Salary information to be provided.
Paid Time Off: First year, up to two weeks off (equivalent of 40 hours annually) and treated as combined time for sick, personal, and vacation time.